Fall is one of the best times of year to make nature crafts There is always something waiting for someone to pick up and create something beautiful.
This round-up contains more than 10 crafts. It is a list of the top 10 nature items you can use — or types of nature crafts commonly made in the fall — complete with a few of the most awesome examples I could find. This means that some crafts fit into more than one category below.
An example would be turkey’s made out of leaves or owls made out of pinecones. When this happens I have placed the craft in the category of what it is, as opposed to what it’s made of.
Top 10 Fall Nature Crafts
I’m sure your all wanting to know how to find the crafts featured in the photo above. Aren’t they beautiful? I have marked these crafts with an * so you can easily find them.
1. Leaf Nature Crafts
Leaf crafts abound in the fall. There are so many amazing things you can make with them.
- Collect, Press, and Preserve Fall Leaves
- Invitation to Create Fall Leaves Art
- * Fall Leaf Crown from Rain or Shine Mama
- Fabulous Fall Collage from Happy Hooligans
- Easy Autumn Tree Craft from Crafts on Sea
- Fall Leaf Finger Puppets from Crafts by Amanda
- Leaf Prints from Edventures with Kids
- Painted Leaf Monsters from Messy Little Monster
- Painted Leaf Critters from Tinkerlab
- Leaf Painting for Preschoolers from Kidz Activities
- Preschool Craft Nature Votive from Holiday Kids Crafts
- How to Create Patterned Leaves in Three Easy Steps from Hand Made Kids Art
- Fall Leaf Lacing (Photo Below)
2. Owl Nature Crafts
Owl crafts are often made in the fall. Below are a few fun ones I found.
- * Bark Owl Craft from Fireflies & Mudpies
- Owl Pinecone Craft from Meaningful Mama
- Walnut Owls from Red Ted Art
- * Stone and Shell Owl Craft [Photo Below]
3. Acorn Nature Crafts
Acorns can be found on the ground by the thousands in the fall. I will be sharing some more fun things to make with them soon. Be sure you sign up for my newsletter so you don’t miss it.
- Acorn Frame from Crafts by Amanda
- Stick and Acorn Men from The Magic Onions
- Woodland Fairy Folk (These are made out of Acorns, Pinecones, and Helicopter Seeds) from Twig and Toadstool
- Acorn Wreath for Kids from Craftulate
- DIY Acorn Peg Dolls from Rhythms of Play (Photo below)
4. Pumpkin Nature Crafts
Because Halloween occurs in the fall, most everyone does some pumpkin crafting.
- Best Ever Pumpkin Carving Tip from Happy Hooligans
- How to Carve a Pumpkin from Kids Activities Blog
- Easy No Mess Pumpkin Carving from No Time for Flashcards
- Over 700 Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils from Spaceships and Laserbeams
- 8 Pumpkin Carving Alternatives for Kids from She Lives Free
- 14 Pumpkin Decorating Ideas from My Life and Kids
- Chalkboard Pumpkins from Sunny Day Family (Photo Below)
5. Walnut Shell Nature Crafts
Walnuts are harvested in the fall so there are lots of shells around to do some crafting.
- Walnut Shell Boats from Twodaloo
- Racing Walnut Mice from Red Ted Art
- Walnut Shell Turtles from No Time for Flashcards (Photo Below)
6. Pinecone Nature Crafts
Pinecones can be found everywhere in the fall, and so can crafts made with them.
- 25+ Pincone Crafts and Activities
- Rhinestone Pinecones
- Pinecone Owls from Crafts by Amanda
- Pinecone Pets from Zing Zing Tree
- * Pinecone Spiders Halloween Craft for Kids from Fireflies & Mudpies
- How to Make a Pinecone Garland from The Magic Onions
- * Autumn Pinecone Fairies from The Magic Onions (Photo Below)
7. Turkey Nature Crafts
Since Thanksgiving occurs in the fall, you can always find lots of fun turkey crafts.
- Pinecone Turkeys from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Pumpkin Turkeys from The Chaos and the Clutter
- Leaf Turkey Card from Toddler Approved
- Leaf Turkey Craft for Kids from Crafty Morning (Photo Below)
- Turkey Leaf Lanterns (photo below)
8. Helicopter Seed Nature Crafts
I love helicopter seed crafts and can not wait to make a few of my own. Both of the dragonflies found below are gorgeous! And the wall hanging is simply divine.
- Helicopter Seed Craft – Wall Hanging from Zing Zing Tree
- * Autumn Woodland Treasures Sculpture from Filth Wizardry
- Helicopter Seed Dragonfly Craft by Learn Create Love on Housing a Forest (Photo Below)
9. Apple Nature Crafts
Apple crafts made out of natureal items are hard to come by. I had to include what little I could find because fall is apple season.
- Leaf Nut and Apple Wind Catcher Mobile from Fun Family Crafts
- How to Craft a Clove Apple Pomander from Crafting a Green World
- Pinecone Apples from Fireflies & Mudpies (Photo Below)
10. Fall Wreaths made from Natural Items
There are so many amazing fall wreaths. You can find a few good one’s below.
- Easy Fall Wreath with Autumn Leaves from What we do all day
- Fall Wreath for Kids from Mommy’s Bundle
- Preschool Fall Wreath Craft from Preschool Powel Packets
- Make an Autumn Wreath from The Magic Onions (Photo Below)
These are some of the most amazingly beautiful fall nature crafts I have ever seen. Most can easily be made by kids of all ages, while others are more detailed crafts for older kids and adults.
This post is part of the Top 10 Apple and Fall ideas Blog hop. Check out all the other great blogs and posts below.
- Top 10 Play Recipes for Fall from Craftulate
- Top 10 Fall STEM Activities from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Top Ten Apple Cocktails from Our Good Life
- Top 10 Books on Apples for Learning from Powerful Mothering
- Top 10 Playful Apple Activities for Toddlers from School Time Snippets
- Top 10 Apple Projects for Crochet Lovers from Words n Needles
- Top 10 Science Ideas for Fall from P is for Preschooler
- Top 10 Recipes for Apples from Nemcsok Farms
- Top 10 Fine Motors Skills Apple Activities from Crafty Kids at Home
- Top 10 Fall Sensory Activities from Play & Learn Everyday
- Top 10 Fall Nature Crafts from Rhythms of Play
- Top 10 Free Apple Printables from Something 2 Offer
- Top 10 Apple Themed Learning Activities from Artsy Momma
- Top 10 Apple Activities for Preschool from The Pleasantest Thing
Subscribe to our mailing list so you don’t miss the next post!