This slow falling hearts sensory bottle is simple to put together. It makes a wonderful gift for Valentine’s day or just to say “I love you” any time of the year. I like that the hearts are “falling in love.”
For tips on how to turn this into a Valentine’s Day gift see the directions below. For more information about sensory bottles including links to other resources see Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
- Voss Water Bottle (These are our favorite bottles to use)
- Goo Gone
- Translucent Red Acrylic Hearts (There is enough for this bottle and a few other activities. Sign up for our newsletter below so you don’t miss them!)
- Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap
- Gorilla Super Glue
1. Peel off sticker. Use Goo Gone to remove sticky residue.
2. Empty and/or drink water in Voss bottle.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of tap water into the bottle.
4. Count out 12 – 16 red acrylic hearts and drop into the bottle. (we used 16)
5. Fill the bottle up the rest of the way with clear liquid hand soap. You want to fill it all the way to the top so there is no air in it.
6. Place lid on bottle and shake it up. (It will be a bit murky until the contents mix and settle.)
That’s it… Simple!
Play with this slow falling hearts sensory bottle for a day or two to make sure you like the way it moves. If you want the hearts to move faster add more water. If you want them to move slower add more clear liquid hand soap.
Once you are happy with it glue on the lid with super glue and hand it over to your kids or loved one. Unless you’re keeping it for yourself of course. 😉
To learn more about sensory bottles, their uses, how to make them, and troubleshooting tips check out Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101.
This post is a part of the monthly Discovery Bottles Blog Hop. Head on over to see all of the other Valentine-inspired bottles made this month by the blogs below!
- Color Mixing Sensory Bottle | Preschool Inspirations
- “Full of Love” Calm Down Jar with Printable Calming Affirmations | Lemon Lime Adventures
- I Spy Love Sensory Bottle | Modern Preschool
- Alphabet Discovery Bottle: Valentine’s Day Activity for Kids | Sunny Day Family
- Floating Hearts Sensory Bottle | Teaching Mama
- Water bead Hearts Discovery Bottle | Sugar Aunts
- Heart Glitter Jar | Fun-A-Day
You may also like:
- Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
- Frozen-Inspired Snowstorm Sensory Bottle
- Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle
- Heart Love Bugs Valentine’s Day Craft
- Salt dough hand and foot heart keepsake
- Top 10 Valentine’s Day Keepsake Gifts
- DIY Keepsake gifts for Him or Her
- Valentine Watercolor Word Hunt
- Valentine Almond Heart Cookies