Both children and adults will love this rainbow galaxy sensory bottle. When it swirls it looks like a rainbow galaxy, and when it stops it looks like rainbow-colored twinkling stars slowly falling in the night sky.
Calm down bottles like this are most often used for no mess sensory play, to help calm an overwhelmed child, as a “time out” timer, or as a meditation technique for children. They are just as effective for adults.
For more information check out Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for choosing to support this blog!
Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle
This is one of my favorite sensory bottles. The photos above and below do not do this amazing bottle justice. You have to make one to see how it swirls, sparkles, and shines! I love the twinkling rainbow of colors!
Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle Materials
- VOSS Plastic Water Bottles
- Goo Gone
- Sargent Glitter Glue Assortment
- 1-Quart Measuring Cup
- Super Glue Gel
Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle Directions
- Remove Lable and use Goo Gone to remove any sticky residue.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of hot water into a 1-quart measuring cup.
- Squeeze 1-2 tbsp of each color of Sargent glitter glue into the water. I didn’t measure. Instead, I emptied each bottle until it was level with the top of the glitter glue label.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Give it a final stir and pour the mixture into your bottle.
- Place lid on the bottle and give it a shake to see if you like it. Need more glitter? Add it in before topping it off with water.
- Play with it for a day or two to make sure you are happy with it before gluing it shut.
Both children and adults will love this rainbow galaxy sensory bottle. Calm down bottles like this are most often used for no mess sensory play, to help calm an overwhelmed child, as a “time out” timer, or as a meditation technique for children. They are just as effective for adults.
This post is part of the Rainbow Discovery Bottle Blog Hop. Be sure you check out all of the other amazing rainbow sensory bottles below!
- Rainbow Counting Bears Sensory Bottle | Preschool Inspirations
- Simple Rainbow Calm Down Jars | Lemon Lime Adventures
- Rainbow Pipe Cleaner Sensory Bottle | Mom Inspired Life
- Rainbow Button Sensory Bottle | Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tail
- Pot of Gold Discovery Bottle | Sunny Day Family
- Friendship Thread Calming Sensory Bottle | Sugar Aunts
- Rainbow Galaxy Sensory Bottle | Rhythms of Play
- Glitter Jars in a Rainbow of Colors | Fun-A-Day
- Rainbow Alphabet Sensory Bottle | Modern Preschool
- Rainbow Polka Dot Discovery Bottle | Still Playing School
You May also Like:
- Calm Down Sensory Bottles 101
- Sea Shell Sensory Bottle
- Frozen-Inspired Snowstorm Sensory Bottle
- Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle
- Does My Child Have Sensory Processing Disorder
- Nature Sensory Bin